Contributed by Yogesh Lahoti
Introducing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot, a next-generation AI platform for all lines of business
Hello! My name is Yogesh Lahoti. I’m Senior Solutions Architect at SYSCOM GLOBAL SOLUTIONS.
Artificial Intelligence is getting more and more coverage today, but what it actually is and how it can help businesses save money, time, and resources often gets lost in the noise. As part of SYSCOM GLOBAL SOLUTIONS’ commitment to explaining breaking IT developments to our customers, we’re starting a blog to help digest AI news and navigate incorporating it into IT environments. As an official Microsoft Solutions gold partner, we’re eager to share the latest from their business technology development: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot.
Microsoft has recently announced the next generation of AI product updates across their business applications portfolio, and their latest, Copilot for Dynamics 365, promises to provide interactive, AI-powered assistance across business functions. At SYSCOM GS, we’ve taken a lead in designing, guiding, integrating, and implementing this update in our customers’ ERP and CRM systems.
CRM and ERP systems are mission-critical customer and data sources; however, they frequently require repetitive tasks like manual data entry, content generation, and notetaking. Dynamics 365 Copilot takes advantage of recent advancements in generative AI to automate these tasks, freeing up the workforce for more high-value projects.
Dynamics 365 Copilot helps CRM and ERP systems accelerate their pace of innovation and improve outcomes across every line of business:
Copilot in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales and Viva Sales:
● Dramatically reduces the time sellers spend on clerical tasks. For example, AI can help write email responses to customers’ inquiries. With sellers spending as much as 66% of their day checking and responding to emails, this presents a significant business upside to give the seller more time with their customers.
● Creates an email summary of a Teams meeting in Outlook. The meeting summary pulls in details from the seller’s CRM such as product and pricing information, as well as insights from the recorded Teams call.
Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Service:
● Empowers customer service agents to deliver exceptional customer care, like drafting contextual answers to queries in chat and email.
● Provides an interactive chat experience over knowledge bases and case history, ensuring AI-powered expertise is always available to answer questions.
● Powers virtual agents harnessing the power of Azure OpenAI Service and Microsoft Bing to provide answers from company websites and internal knowledge bases that you choose.
Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Insights and Dynamics 365 Marketing:
● Simplifies workflows in data exploration, audience segmentation and content creation. Marketers can curate highly personalized and targeted customer segments via a simple, natural language dialogue with their customer data platform. Marketers can receive suggestions about additional segments that may not have been previously considered. This new capability can handle complex calculations and match customers that fit a select profile.
● Creates target segments based solely off marketers describing the customer they’re looking for with the query assist feature.
● Provides inspiration for fresh email campaign content based on a simple request. Copilot makes suggestions based on key topics entered by the marketer, the organization’s existing marketing emails, or a range of internet sources to increase the relevance of generated ideas.
Copilot in Dynamics 365 Business Central:
● Streamlines the creation of product listings for online commerce. Product attributes such as color, material and size can be used to create compelling product descriptions for online storefronts in seconds. The descriptions can be further tailored by choosing tone of voice, format and length. Business Central customers using Shopify can seamlessly publish the products with descriptions to their Shopify store in just a few clicks.
Copilot in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management:
● Helps supply chain planners by flagging external issues such as weather, financials and geography, providing predictive insights, and enabling proactive communication with partners to prevent potential disruptions in the supply chain. Predictive insights then surface impacted orders across materials, inventory, carrier, distribution network, and more. Supply chain planners can then automatically draft an email generated by Dynamics 365 Copilot to alert impacted partners and mitigate potential disruptions before they happen.
Senior Solutions Architect
SYSCOM GLOBAL SOLUTIONS
Experienced CPA solution architect and project manager adept at overseeing high-risk, multi-functional, multi-location, and multi-national business software application projects.
News and Resources
The first article of our new Cybersecurity Minute series looks at the current state of cybersecurity, including the causes, impacts, and countermeasures we’re seeing in the course of our day-to-day work.
Tokusuke Akashi’s Secrets to Success: People, Trust, and Growth. “Give a person a chance to learn something.”